Regents Week, January 26 through January 29
RKA Notes....Things you should know
Week of January 26th
* The week of 1/26 through 1/30 is Regents Week. High school classes are not in session, and only students scheduled to take exams should report at their designated times. For AM exams students should arrive at 8:15 AM and for afternoon exams students should arrive at 12:15 AM. Please bring sharpened #2 pencils and at least two blue or black ball point pens to each exam. Please bring calculators for math exams. Regents invitations were distributed earlier in the week; if you have any questions, please contact your child's guidance counselor directly:
Ms. Kauschinger (A-L) MKausch@schools.nyc.gov
Ms. Eisenberg (M-Z).. MEisenb@schools.nyc.gov
All electronics including cell phones are not permitted in exam rooms as per New York State Education Department testing guidelines. All devices will be collected in the testing rooms and returned when students have finished exams. We strongly urge students to leave any devices at home on this day. Middle school students report to school as usual this week.
* Mon 2/2 is Chancellor's Conference Day for high schools, and there are no classes this day for NYC high school students. Middle school students report to school on their regular schedule.
* Next week (1/26-1/30) middle school students will be taking midterm exams in most classes. Please make sure they come prepared with their materials (pens, pencils, etc.) Please make sure they get a good night’s sleep and have a good breakfast. Students have been informed of the schedule; should you have individual questions, please contact your child’s teachers directly. Make ups will only be provided for documented excused absences.
* The deadline for payment of the third installment of eighth grade dues is here. If you have not already done so, please make your payments to Ms. Roberts in room 126 as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please direct them to:LRoberts6@schools.nyc.gov.
* The next "Coffee With the Principal" is Fri 1/30. All parents and caregivers are invited for a cup of coffee, a doughnut, and a chat with Ms. O'Mara. Please join us! 7:30-8:15 AM in the RKA library.
* The next meeting of the RKA Parents' Association is Mon 2/2 at 7:00 PM in the library. On the agenda is an election for a vacant parent position on the School Leadership Team, and the formation of a nominating committee for the selection of PA officers for the 2015-2016 school year.
Riverdale Kingsbridge Academy - MS/HS 141
660 W. 237 St.
Bronx, NY 10463
718-796-8516, ext 1045