Important Message from
Thursday, March 26th, 2015
Sign up for appointments in advance using the PTC Scheduler (link)
(It is highly recommended you register in advance; if you choose not to, you may attempt to register for remaining open slots the day of conferences).
Advance registration concludes Tuesday, March 24th at 11:59 PM
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Parent Coordinator Julie Prince at JPrince4@schools.nyc.gov
RKA Notes..Things you should know. Week of March 23rd
* Online registration for the upcoming Parent/Teacher Conferences on Thurs 3/26 continues until Tues 3/24 at 11:59 PM. You can find the link on the school website: RKA141.org. If you find any of your teachers' appointments are already all booked, we do reserve a few slots for sign-up the day of conferences. If you miss out on seeing any teacher, you may feel free to make alternate arrangements to meet another day (all teachers have "Parent Engagement" hours every Tuesday afternoon from 3:20 to 3:55) or to have a phone conference. Please remember that conference day is a half-day of class for all students. If you have any questions, contact Parent Coordinator Ms. Prince atJPrince4@schools.nyc.gov.
* There will be NO RCC afterschool program on Thurs 3/25 due to the Parent/Teacher Conferences.
* While at the conferences, please be sure to check out the Parents' Association's "School Spirit" table, where you can buy all sorts of cool RKA gear. Fri 3/27 (the day after conferences) is "RKA Spirit Day," and it's always fun to see everyone--students and staff alike--adorned in the school colors!
* Report cards will be distributed on Wed 3/25. High school will receive them in AM homeroom, and middle school in PM homeroom/ Attached to the report cards, please find this year's Dep't of Ed Learning Environment Parent Survey (the green envelope!) The answers parents provide (which you send directly to the Dep't of Ed in the postage-paid envelope or online with the code provided) offer valuable feedback to schools. Please also find lunch letters attached as well, and please respond as needed. Thank you!
* In sports: The Girls' Softball Team hosts High School of American Studies on Wed 3/25; both games start at 4:00. The Boys' Lacrosse Team visits Christopher Columbus on Mon 3/23, and plays Bronx Science on Randall's Island field 83 on Fri 3/26--both at 4:00. The Girls' Track Team runs against DeWitt Clinton at Clinton's soccer/track field Tues 3/24 at 4:00.
* The RKA PA is holding its first-ever "Zumba Spin-o-Rama" fundraiser on Sun 3/29 from 9:00-3:00. It will be held at the Whitehall Club, 3333 Henry Hudson Parkway. Please see the attached flyer for complete details and come out and join the fun!
* There are some fun new clubs added to the Tuesday afternoon roster! Check out the attached flyer and see what's on offer from 2:40 to 3:20! Full list of Tuesday clubs and tutoring opportunities is available on the school website, RKA141.org.
Science Olympiad Team
Congratulations to our Science Olympiad team! They represented us very well. We increased our standings from 39th to 30th putting us squarely at the mid-line of participating schools. In addition, 4 of our students earned medals in their events: Kyle Krenzel, Kimberly Diaz, Brianna Nuñez and Margele Shala.
Very special thank yous go out to Devin Walsh and Michael Rivera and Sean Mohan for coaching and Sheilagh Lustig for chaperoning. Thank you also to RCC who generously funded the activity.
Check out the very cool pics…the back of the shirts read “RKA is in our DNA.”